Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Thanksgiving

This may be too clichéd(the first of many), but I'm a new blogger and that's fine. So here is a Thanksgiving list of things I am thankful for (in no particular order...however, it certainly isn't random...I mean, I wouldn't put honey above friends and family per se, but I think you get to the point, now on to the list):

  • My family - I'm lucky to have the best parents, wife, and extended family in the world, enough said.
  • My friends - whether we email once a year, or see each other weekly, it is our interaction that drives me and makes life interesting.
  • My health - I often take for granted that so far in life I have won the numbers game and not suffered any serious ailments (knock on wood).
  • My job - it hasn't been easy, but it has allowed me to get through school and get to where I am today, all while wearing t-shirts with Tommy's chili stains and ripped jeans.
  • Food - this is certainly clichéd yet true; I am very thankful for the fact that I can eat every day, eat well, and of amazing variety.
  • My country - despite the changes in the last decade, the U.S. is still very high on the list of desirable places to live in terms of civil rights, ability to succeed and live comfortably.
  • The Internet - connecting with old friends, sharing photos or checking an American Gladiators episode database to make sure I've seen every one, there's a lot of positive things going in cyberspace.
  • Honey - I listed it up above and technically it falls under the food category...but it gets its own mention. Thank you bees!
  • You - If you are reading this, thank you. What started as an exercise in reflection and writing for law school applications has turned into a fun hobby and has had many unquantifiable benefits thanks to you. People (including myself) have more insight into my life, whether you know me or not, and I've heard from many of you that my writing about my experiences has either helped in some way or at least got you thinking about yourself. Who'd have thought? I know I surely didn't, and it hasn't been one month yet.
So that's my long, yet still incomplete list. If you've made it this far, you have officially been tagged and have to chime in on what you are thankful for. With the exception of maybe 'honey', everything on the list is fairly common. I consciously left off things like boxing and sliced bread, which, although I'm thankful for, are certainly things I could live without. Feel free to include anything you want. I'll be thankful for anything you contribute. :)

1 comments:

Anne Knowles said...

family
friends
students
iced tea
good books
poetry
and my name: mop o mop mop yop