Friday, February 22, 2008

And Then There Were Two

I received my rejection notice today in the form of an email from Harvard. You'd think for the $70 application fee they charge, they'd at least give me the courtesy of sending me a letter with their official letterhead to frame next to my others.

My goal is to have a "HALL OF REJECTION" (said with deep voice and ultra echo effects), with framed and matted rejection letters from all of the top schools in the country. I think a lase
r printed email will look kind of tacky. Maybe Harvard is really a tacky school?

That leaves USC and Stanford.

In other news, I owe the IRS $1500 this year, down from almost $4000 last year. What makes paying taxes even more ridiculous is that I'll write them a check on April 15th, then they'll send me an economy stimulus check for $1200 sometime in May (hopefully). Would it be that difficu
lt to just reduce the amount I owe by what I'll be refunded, so I only have to come up with $300? Naw...that would make too much sense.

I have the pleasure of spending all weekend at Disneyland, including a lifelong dream of eating at Club 33 Saturday night. I really hope it rains!

Here's a picture I snagged backstage at Disney...makes me wonder what happened on July 12th, 2006.


2 comments:

Fortune said...

Life long dream? I bet you'd never even heard of club 33 until you were about 15. Thanks makes it a half-life long dream. Ass Jack!

Anyway, I'm totally jealous. Tell me all about it when you get back!

Captain Chipmunk said...

Actually, I've been a long time fan of Disneyland. I knew about the club from when I was a wee youngster.