Monday, May 05, 2008

Photoblogging Monday!

A nice thing about living in Palmdale is every now and then your house gets buzzed by a B-2 Stealth Bomber.

I was out mowing the lawn when it took off from Palmdale Airport. I heard a rumble and turned to see a thin black line coming up over the hills by my house. It then banked and displayed it's signature bat-like shape to me. The B-2 leveled out again and was gone before I knew it.

I have 2 observations - first, the stealth bomber may be invisible to radar, but you can hear it coming from miles away. Second, looking up in the sky and seeing one flying when you don't expect it can make you soil yourself. I mean, having one fly over a parade or a sporting event is one thing, but to have something like that fly over while you're doing menial housework is another.

So in honor of our multi-billion dollar flying beast, here is this week's photo (with a Russian MiG flying in the background):


B-2 Spirit


0 comments: