Monday, November 05, 2007

Weekend Recap

For those of you who are wondering, the procrastination monster slowly crept back into the closet Saturday afternoon. I finally cranked out version 1.0 of my law school personal statement. Writing about myself knowing it will be judged is one of the hardest things I've done to date. I couldn't hide behind a screen name and after many ideas about what I thought admissions officers would like to read, I threw them all out the window and let my heart speak. I know this because the truth hit me so hard I had to take three or four breaks because I couldn't stop crying. The writing process broke me down to my pure essence, just like those in The Crucible (my 10th grade English teacher would be proud).

The rest of my weekend was a nice contrast to the emotional deluge of the personal statement: two championship boxing matches and the mid-season Super Bowl watched, a musical rehearsal in Malibu, dinner and conversation with visiting friends and a surprise visit by our new resident roadrunner.

0 comments: