Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Law School Apps

An update on my law school applications, which was the original purpose of my blog. I have submitted the first six applications, mostly to hoity-toity schools: Yale, Harvard, Stanford, Berkeley, UCLA and Loyola. Of the six, I figure Loyola is the only one I'm likely to get in. Loyola law highly regarded in Los Angeles, but ranks in the mid-60s, as compared to top-15 like the others.

One of the mistakes I made in college was not shooting high enough academically. I always worked my butt off, but never even thought of applying to top-tier schools or for scholarships. I still haven't figured out if it was lack of confidence, interest, laziness or a combination of the three. I think I've made up for it this time around; whether it's too little too late remains to be seen.

While I know it's a long shot, submitting an application to Yale and Harvard is akin to buying two quick picks in the lotto. There's always a chance, and, at least for a while I can have fun thinking up "What If" situations while I wait for a response.

0 comments: