Wednesday, November 07, 2007

More (Almost) Free Stuff

I'm coming down from my week of emotion driven personal reflections. It's the crash after the caffeine and sugar high. So today I offer some practical advice. I received a letter from United Airlines that my frequent flyer miles for set to expire. I didn't even know I had flown on United....ever. Come to find out I had flown United to Japan for a work trip a year ago and my coworker signed me up for the program.

Considering that I am unlikely to fly United again I cashed my points in for:

  • 1 year subscription to the LA Times
  • 1 year subscription to the Wall Street Journal
  • 1 year subscription to 8 different magazines for my wife an me
Basically, I'm getting a couple hundred dollars worth of subscriptions for free. Anytime you fly, make sure you sign up for the airline's frequent flyer program; it doesn't cost anything and usually takes only a minute or two to sign up online.

0 comments: